Fernwood International Easy school is a newly set up international school with a simple yet distinctive education system from Finland. Fernwood offers you a value based education comprising the CBSE curriculum alongwith vocational education training. .
Why you should put your child in this system of education.
THE SALIENT FEATURES OF THE CBSE CURRICULUM SPEAKS FOR ITSELF:
- Standardized curriculum across the country established by the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training).
- More than 16000 schools offering this curriculum in India and in 24 countries across the world.
- The syllabus is very structured and controlled.
- Standardized Textbooks.
- Most entrance exams conducted in the country for college admission follow this syllabus.
- Board exams are mandatory in 10th grade and optional in 12th Grade.
- Favored by those who constantly relocate within India or even abroad to countries in the Middle East etc and seek a standardized curriculum.
- Favored by those who want to go into the traditional routes of Engineering/medical.
- Languages - Hindi, English, and 32 other languages.
- Humanities- Geography, History, Economics, Home Science, Sociology, Fine Arts, Political Science, Fashion Studies, Creative Writing and translation Studies and related subjects.
- Science and Technology- Subjects related to Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ICT, Information Practices and Web and Multimedia Studies.
- Health and Physical Education.
- Visual and Performing arts - Dance, Drama, Music, Drawing, Painting, Crafts and Sculpture.
- Commerce - Business Studies, Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Economics and related subjects.
- Assessment: There will be continuous assessment through unannounced class evaluation frequently.
SPECIAL EDUCATION:The CBSE system also mandates Special Education. Children who seem to be having learning difficulties in class are referred to the school counselor. The counselor then observes the child and then may refer the child to a Special Education Teacher. Remedial classes may be conducted for those children separately by the special education teacher. Exam papers set for such children are done taking into consideration the adaptations and modifications required for such a child. For example, some children know the material but have a reading difficulty – For such children, the question papers will be read out loud so that they can answer.
Vocational Education & Training
- Popularity of Vocational Education and Training (VET) has been steadily increasing in the world system of education for over a decade.
- Vocational skills are introduced to children even at primary school level.
- Today there are more students in vocational studies than general upper secondary studies.
- All VET programmers put special focus on entrepreneurship and job creators.
Special focus on co-curricular activities brought to the children by experienced and trained professionals.
choices on offer:
- Art and design
- Student council
- Creative writing
- Modern Jazz
- Horse riding
- Piano / Keyboard
- School magazine
- Paper making
- Doll and puppet making
- Vocal music
- Track and Field
- Special coaching